Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 04:19:13 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Audio Discussions
| | |-+  Group Build Line Array Project
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Group Build Line Array Project  (Read 8636 times)
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2006, 05:54:23 PM »

Wayne Parham and I are working on plans for a "group build" line array project.
Information at http://audioroundtable.com/GroupBuild/messages/2192.html

So many speakers, so little time.
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »

Making good progress on these and hope they will be completed in time for the meeting.  Grin

http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/2046580

Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 07:43:15 AM »

Way cool! If they do make it, they will be given showcase positioning in the den. I think I'm going to put the Roksan Rok Ones out on the patio.
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 03:46:20 PM »

Done! Even with an untested crossover these are the best sounding $300 arrays I've built.  Grin

http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/2046580/2/106644111

RH Customs Cables
audio enthusiast

Mr.H

rhcustoms@sbcglobal.net rhcustoms@sbcglobal.net rhcustomsinc1
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

As always the speakers Fred made came out great. And as long as nothing comes up, I'll be going to the LSB meeting.

RH

Catering to you cable needs.
saltyhook
audio guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 01:25:05 PM »

Fred, all I can say is "WOW" my mouth is still wide open from the "Experience" (as J. Hendrix) would say. I am really excited about the prospect of building a set of these speakers for myself. Thank's so much for sharing them with us. Of course I am sure Ward's new Mannley Stingray amp. played a big part in that dynamic sound. Reminded me of that phrase Phil Specto coined  "Wall of Sound" in his recording studio.
Ward, a special thanks to you for hosting us all at your lovely home with all that marvelous custom gear. Those Altec boxs with the curved sides are enough to make any wood worker drewl with admiration.
 I cant say Wow & thanks enough times.

Saltyhook aka Joe
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 05:03:38 PM »

Joe, that you had a good time, is thanks enough.
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 07:51:27 AM »

I am really excited about the prospect of building a set of these speakers for myself.

Here's something you might be interested in. The pair I took to the meeting are now in Tulsa where Wayne Parham (Pi Speakers) is using his commercial design and testing software to finalize the crossover design and enclosure tuning. Since  I no longer have these I decided to build a second pair, this time with the drivers recessed. I goofed with the front baffles. I changed the CTC spacing from 5.5" in the prototypes to 5", and that's too close - the tweeter is almost touching the adjacent woofers. So I'm off to the lumber yard to get another sheet of Baltic birch plywood to build another set of baffles, this time with 5.25" tweeter to woofer CTC spacing.

If anybody would like the pair of baffles I decided not to use they're available for $40 cash and carry (I can deliver them to my son's house in Austin if that helps). The close spacing of the adjacent woofers to the tweeter is just a cosmetic issue that wouldn't matter to most.

I suppose I have caught Luther's obsessive-compusive perfectionist illness.  Grin

If anybody is interested let me know. I can post a pictures if you like.

FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »

At last the speakers have been tested and declared ready for prime time, building instructions completed, and the parts discount is available from Parts Express. Email me for a copy of the instructions (Word file), enclosure drawings, crossover schematic, parts list, ordering information, etc. The cost of the parts for a pair is about $275.

fredaudio@houston.rr.com

jim...
audio enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 09:36:05 AM »

Hello Fred,
  Sorry to have to ask again but I can't find the PDF of the ART Arrays you sent me. I'm going to do the crossover work for Ken Valliant on his. Thanks as always. PS, am up to two Squeezeboxes now. jim...

ҿҠ jim...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length