Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 02:51:48 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Meetings
| | |-+  Meeting in McKinney March 18th
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Meeting in McKinney March 18th  (Read 4883 times)
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 04, 2006, 05:52:21 PM »

Russman has stepped forward and will host the next club meeting at his place in McKinney. Check out the map and directions on the "next meeting" page or just clilck the link below.

http://lonestarbottleheads.org/meeting.html
RuSsMaN
audio enthusiast

Russman_dac Pulsedge
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:09:58 AM »

Yes indeed, as always, I'll try to pull out all the stops on this one.  Lots of goodies in multiple rooms.

I've added a 'mono' room, a tribute to corner horns, and all things mono.  Music the way your father or granfather used to listen to.  True 'old school'.

Line arrays, B&W CM4's, and Danny's (GR Research) new colaboration with AV123, the x-ls 1 speakers and matching subwoofer.  Also, the big stand out of the meet, will be Gary's (Dodd Audio) Battery powered TUBE preamp.  There will also be the usual assortment of preamps, single ended amps, push pull amps, vintage, new, and vintage mod.

Something for everyone.  BRING MUSIC.
jim...
audio enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 06:48:01 AM »

Hi Russ, Any chance of a sneak preview? I have some stuff for you anyway. Does the mono room have a turntable to play 78 RPMs? I bet Phillip could supply one.

ҿҠ jim...
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 07:44:51 AM »

Wow Russ, looks like your setting the bar high this time around. Very cool to have this much stuff to play with for one of our audio meets. Thanks
RuSsMaN
audio enthusiast

Russman_dac Pulsedge
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 02:16:56 PM »

Jim, you can come by anytime.  No 78 table yet, but I do have more than a handful of Garrands in the garage, surely at least one of them actually works.
jim...
audio enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 10:43:11 PM »

Do you have a cartridge? I can align it for you. Free of course. Luther is right. You do have one cool "pad". Lots of rooms for audio set-ups. Much better than my house. Maybe I can front you some money to host all Bottlehead meetings for the Dallas obligations!

ҿҠ jim...
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 06:31:47 AM »

I'm glad to see we'll be hearing Danny's new speaker design and Gary's battery powered preamp. I'm hoping Danny can bring a Lite Audio DAC-AH too. I have one I bought from the Hong Kong distributor before Danny took on the Lite Audio line that emphasizes the midrange quite a bit. I would be interested in comparing it to Danny's to hear whether mine is an anomaly or they all sound that way. Mine has very good synergy with solid state amps that tend toward the bright side, but the tubed DAC-60 is a better match for my SET tube amps. I'm also planning the bring the EZ as Pie speakers, a 25 watt Monarchy class A sand amp, and one of my Plain Jane passive attenuators. I plan to bring Linda too if she'll diet for a couple of weeks so she'll fit under the tonneau cover in the back of the pickup truck.

So many speakers, so little time.
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »

Hope somebody can bring a Sonic Impact amp to the meeting. I just read the results of the digital amp shootout at
http://www.gr-research.com/amps/amps.htm

I'm amazed to see the Sonic Impact did so well against the higher priced amps. I'll bring my 41hz Audio Amp 6 to the meeting - it uses the same Tripath chip as the Sonic Impact, but it has much better parts including Northcreek coupling caps, a toroid trannie in the power supply, toroid filter inductors, etc. I would be interested in hearing how it compares to the Sonic Impact.

http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/913706

So many speakers, so little time.
jim...
audio enthusiast

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2006, 05:02:56 AM »

I assume the meeting Saturday March 18th starts at 12 noon? jim...

ҿҠ jim...
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2006, 06:52:56 AM »

Yes that is our standard time. Again being a somewhat informal crowd, you can pretty much stop by when you can between 11:30 and 5 or 6.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length