Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:38:55 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Audio Discussions
| | |-+  Bottlehead S.E.X. amp kit for sale
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bottlehead S.E.X. amp kit for sale  (Read 4427 times)
Simplify
audio guy

View Profile Email
« on: November 14, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »

I have a bottlehead single ended experimental amp that was just delivered which I have no use for at present.  I have the c4s upgrade boards for it also.  I will absorb shipping and sell it for what I paid for it $369.00 plus $50.00 for the c4s boards.  The kit box was opened for inspection, but  none of the individual parts packages were opened.  As many of you know these kits take several weeks to several months to order directly from Bottlehead.  I would also consider a DAC in trade. David.
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:52:50 PM »

Why the sudden change of heart? Everything OK?
Simplify
audio guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 02:53:07 AM »

No change of heart, I purchased the 211 amp that Lee Roitberg had for sale and I simply have no need for this now.
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »

No change of heart, I purchased the 211 amp that Lee Roitberg had for sale and I simply have no need for this now.

WOW ! Thank is just too cool. Congratulations ! What speakers are you going to push with that MONSTER amp?
Simplify
audio guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »

I'm not going to power speakers with it.  MGM called and they are doing the 17th remake of Frankenstein and needed some period correct electronics for the reanimation scene.  DLB
jb
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 11:07:24 PM »

I'm not going to power speakers with it.  MGM called and they are doing the 17th remake of Frankenstein and needed some period correct electronics for the reanimation scene.  DLB

Period-correct electronics??? Frankenstein was written in 1818 and the story is set in that time period. The vacuum tube was invented in 1906.
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 09:14:58 AM »

I think he meant to say a remake of Universal Studio's 1931 Frankenstein.  For most people, that movie with Boris Karloff as the monster, is  Frankenstein the movie.
jb
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »

I think he meant to say a remake of Universal Studio's 1931 Frankenstein.  For most people, that movie with Boris Karloff as the monster, is  Frankenstein the movie.

The original MOVIE may have been produced in 1931 but the STORY is set in an earlier time. I seem to recall Dr. Frankenstein living in a castle that is lit by candles, not incandescent lights, driving a horse and carriage, not a Duesenberg, and the angry villagers running around with flaming torches, not flashlights. If the doctor’s laboratory was wired with electricity necessary to run vacuum tube-based equipment, why did he have to wait for an electrical storm?

Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »

Most castles aren't wired for gigavolts necessary to jumpstart the monster...hey work with me here. I'm trying to get tubes into a monster movie. They had jacobs ladders, tesla coils and I'm going for artistic effect here.

How about Bela with a radar screen to hunt down victims or Lon using some Brylcreem.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
jb
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 04:05:39 PM »

Most castles aren't wired for gigavolts necessary to jumpstart the monster...

The castle needn't be wired for gigavolts. If Dr. F. had vacuum tube technology he had more than enough tech to produce gigavolts on demand.
Simplify
audio guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »

Wow! My post regarding Frankenstein was a joke.  I actually am going to use the amp to drive speakers.  Its a good thing I didn't suggest Custer should have used a Gatling gun at Little Big Horn,  the techno-historians would be going crazy.  By the way Mary Shelley wrote the Frankenstein story as a socio-political statement/warning abut the dangers of utilizing technology before we really understand the long term consequences of what we are doing.  Still a pretty timely message.
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 10:13:36 AM »

Wow! My post regarding Frankenstein was a joke.  I actually am going to use the amp to drive speakers.  Its a good thing I didn't suggest Custer should have used a Gatling gun at Little Big Horn,  the techno-historians would be going crazy.  By the way Mary Shelley wrote the Frankenstein story as a socio-political statement/warning abut the dangers of utilizing technology before we really understand the long term consequences of what we are doing.  Still a pretty timely message.

Yes we know, we were just having some fun.
Simplify
audio guy

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 06:53:08 PM »

Thanks. I was just having some fun too.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length