Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 02:46:53 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Meetings
| | |-+  Head count for the Oct 13th meeting in Austin..
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Head count for the Oct 13th meeting in Austin..  (Read 8551 times)
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 05:40:16 PM »

Hey Fred are you going to the Rock Mountain Audiofest this year?
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 10:52:07 AM »

Aww man, you won't be able to attend Luther?? darn it.....I was hoping you would be able to make it. Sad
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »

Hey Fred are you going to the Rock Mountain Audiofest this year?

Yes, I'll be at the RMAF the weekend of the Bottlehead meeting.

So many speakers, so little time.
tubes-n-horns
audio enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »

Aww man, you won't be able to attend Luther?? darn it.....I was hoping you would be able to make it. Sad

John - first, thanks for offering to host the event. Sorry you are having such a hard time getting it kicked off! Perhaps this is one of those times where you just blow it off and start fresh with a new slate. Undecided  I was just about ready to RSVP (for the 6th) but wife informed she has plans already for that weekend. So now the meet is scheduled for the week after? I am not sure yet if I can make that one. But we (I) can attend sometime. We are in Houston but Austin is not out of the question; our daughter is in San Marcos and we have good friends in Temple, so we can make a weekend out of it.

Again, thanks for hosting the event. I plan to host one in the future, but right now I don't have the proper setup for an audio event.

Rick
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 11:05:11 AM »

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your support Rick. I was told back when I signed up here "Boy, we sure need someone in Austin to host an event". I'm new here and was excited so offered up my home. I  asked a couple of times for a head count and only got three replies on my first attempt and zero on this one even though some I believe that do plan to attend are actively posting, here and on other forums. I asked for a head count as I am not the type to just serve water, I would like to have an idea of whether I need to buy food/beer etc for 3 people or 20 people. It would be quite unfair for my wife to go buy $200 worth of food and drinks and only 3 people show up. I didn't think it was to much to ask....or so I thought anyway.  So I guess I'll try and shoot  for a head count somewhere in the middle, if more show up I guess my wife or I will be running to the store, less show and oh well, I guess it's our loss.

It's sort of funny(well not really), when I changed the date of the meet on the 29th THEN I started getting emails, pm's & phone calls. I was told by several people "Oh that's how those guys are, they won't give you a head count, they'll just show up. You'll probably have at least 15-25 show up"!!! Not that I would mind that many people but I would have felt pretty bad had I bought food/drinks for 3 people when that many would have actually shown up.

I'm not meaning to complain but just think these events would be a little more organized and much more fair to the host if people would give the host the courtesy of speaking up. Ok, I'll shut up and get off my soap box and of course, this is just IMHO anyway.......

John
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 09:57:20 PM »

You know, I still might be there. It may require me binging my son along (15). Besides I just put together a killer compilation of reference material, that I think you would like.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2007, 10:39:28 AM »

Great Luther, bring your son he's more than welcome.

Well looks by the response I've received here that you'll be the only one there! Huh
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2007, 12:01:18 PM »

Don't worry so much about the numbers. I find the older I get the more I have learned to just go with the flow. It is less stressfull and I end up enjoying life more.  With that said, I'm pretty sure there will be people their that did not reply here. I'll make a few inquiries with guys in Austin to see if they plan on coming.

Regardless of the numbers, the bottom line is to have some fun and share our audio hobby.
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2007, 09:05:25 PM »

By the way, here is the song list for the compilation CD I'm bringing. I'll have a few extra copies to hand out.

1 - Sara K. – B&W VANR – Turn My World Upside Down
 2 - Sara K. – B&W VANR – Would You Break My Heart
 3 - Karrin Allyson – In Blue – Moanin
 4 - Patricia Barber – Modern Cool – Touch of Trash
 5 - Diana Krall – Love Scenes – All or Nothing at All
 6 - Nora Jones – Come Away With Me – Come Away With Me
 7 - Madeleine Peyroux – Careless Love – Dance Me to the End of Love
 8 - Stan Getz – Getz/Gilberto – Desafinado
 9 - Kamakawiwo’ole – Facing Furture – Somewhere Over the Rainbow
10 - Maroon 5 – Songs About Jane – Secret
11 - Brian Bromberg – Wood – Come Together
12 - Bela Fleck – Cosmic Hippo
13 - Fleetwood Mac – The Dance – Big Love
14 - Nils Lofgren – Keith Don’t Go
15 - Joe Satriani – Flying in a Blue Dream
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 09:24:14 AM »

One thing to keep in mind is that since we went away from the Yahoo group no one gets notified, thru email, of the upcoming meetings.  A lot of people I have talked to did not know there is a meeting coming up.

I will be there and I believe Dr. John Day will be there also. 
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 11:40:13 AM »

I could always mass email all the members here on upcomig events.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »

I just wanted to get a number as I planned to buy food and alcohol but that's ok, I'll still have some drinks and snacks for everyone.

Luther, make sure and reserve a copy of that cd for me, looks like some good tunes on there!

Lee,
I'm glad you'll be able to make it as well as Dr. Day, I'll see you then!

Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone!

Sincerely,
John
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 05:01:03 PM »

Oh yeah, no need for a mass email, I think we'll be fine. See ya'll then!!
RuSsMaN
audio enthusiast

Russman_dac Pulsedge
View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2007, 03:27:53 AM »

ARRRRGGGG!!!!

I need to login more often.  Have fun guys!
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »

Russ maybe you can make it down for the next one at my place in San Antonio. I'm going to start using the old Yahoo groups and this site to email meeting notices. I don't want it to be a lot of spam, just one for each meeting date.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length