Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:51:17 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Meetings
| | |-+  Head count for the Oct 13th meeting in Austin..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Head count for the Oct 13th meeting in Austin..  (Read 8170 times)
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:57:55 PM »

I was wondering if I could get a head count of who all thinks they'll be able to make it so I have an idea of how many guests to expect. Is that possible? Thanks!!

John

So far we have;
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 06:01:49 PM »

I'll be there. In the past I've found getting people to RSVP is like herding cats or pushing a car with a rope, so it's safe to assume more will be there than the ones who respond.

So many speakers, so little time.
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »

Count me in.
gitarretyp
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 02:13:08 AM »

I plan to attend and may bring a friend.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:53:42 PM »

Ok, it looks like to me that the turnout for this meet is very low, I'm just not getting the response I expected. Please allow me to explain my predicament; You see, I was scheduled to fill a chair on a panel of Judges in a speaker shootout on the 29th of this month. This is/was an honor for me as I would be sitting with, among others, Gary Dodd and Danny Ritchie. When I was orginally asked to set up this Bottlehead meet I went with the first weekend of September. But soon by request I changed it to the next weekend, then by request I changed it again  and then finally once more. It didn't dawn on me that I had now moved it to the same date as the speaker shootout. I intended to go ahead and just forego my spot on the panel and hold the Bottlehead meet but due to the seemingly lack of interest I have decided to reschedule for the following weekend, Oct 6th. I am truely sorry if this has caused anyone any inconvience. I am still looking very forward to meeting some of you and I hope this has no effect on any of our hopefully soon to be friendship.

Sincerely,

John Prator
gitarretyp
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 02:25:28 PM »

Moving it doesn't bother me any. However, i'm curious about this speaker shootout you're attending. Can you divulge any details?
BAP
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

Hi John,

I just responded to your PM before having read your last post here.  Sorry, I can't make it on the 6th.  It's game day.

Beat the hell outta OU!!

Brett
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 10:19:46 AM »

Hi gitarretyp,

Yeah I "think" I can divulge that info, don't see why they wouldn't want me to. It is the "Great small speaker shootout of 2007" at Stereo Mojo. I'm absolutely flattered that I was requested as a judge but I'm not sure why they choose me!  Huh I'm not affiliated with them in any way(they have just recently reviewed some of my cables .....maybe they think my ears are better than they really are!) so I'm not sure why I was chosen, I think they try and get several different types of individuals on their panel of judges and I guess I lucked into this one! No matter to me, I'm pumped!!

I'm truely sorry if this has caused anyone any inconvienence and if the date of Oct 6 is a big game day I'd be willing to change it again as I do want as many members as possible to be able to attend. Hopefully everyone will speak up and let me know.

Brett/BAP,
Well I sure would like you to be able to attend so does everyone feel that with Oct 6th obviously being a big football game day(I'm not into football so have no idea when big games are) I should change it to the following weekend?

Sincerely,
John
BAP
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »

John,

The following weekend would be good for me,  but please don't change the date on my account.  However, I'd imagine there's quite a few who have made plans around the "Red River Shootout." 

Brett
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »

John just pick a day that works for you. There will always be more than those that RSVP. I had planned to meet up with John Day there and neither of us RSVP'd.  For now, I'm going to put a "?" for the date on the website.
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »

I just wanted to verify that the meeting is scheduled for the 6th.  The Announcement page has the Austin meeting as tentative and I have not seen any firm commitments for a date.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:11 AM »

Ok I've had several people advise me that the big game is on the 6th so lets make it the 13th then. That date works for me and hopefully it will for everyone else. I do wish that there was a little more participation on here as it would be helpful if I had an idea of how many people were coming. I would hate to buy food and drinks for 20 people when only three show up, or vice versa.  Wink

So, does the 13th sound ok for everyone? If so then lets make it October 13th, hopefully we get more than 3 people!

John
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 10:27:04 AM »

Let me know quickly what you decide, as all the forums where it has already been posted will need to be corrected or you may have people show up on the wrong date. Often people see the date and don't check back, which hasn't been a problem in the past as the date has never changed before.

By the way, it is not a requirement to provide anything more than water.
BAP
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 10:31:48 AM »

The 13th works for me.  I'll be there.
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »

I have gone ahead and changed the date on the meeting page and on a couple forums.

In the you can't meet everyone's needs arena, I have a previous engagement for the 13th. I will be seeing my son.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length