Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2018, 02:47:22 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Meetings
| | |-+  Austin meeting at my house in September?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Austin meeting at my house in September?  (Read 6967 times)
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 12:20:25 PM »

Gotta bring at least one new speaker pair to each meeting. This time it will be Pioneer single drivers with a supertweeter. I still need to get rid of some speakers, so these will go the the first person to give me $120 (PayPal is fine). These use the MCM version of the Pioneer 8" full range driver plus a Dayton Neo tweeter with a single 1uF Aeon cap in the signal path. Sensitivity of the Pioneer driver is only 90dB, but it is wired direct to the speaker terminals, making it an easy load for a 300B amp or equivalent.

I'm especially pleased with the sound of this project - that great single driver imaging and soundstage with strong deep bass and absolutely none of the mid/treble tonal coloration of Fostex drivers.  Grin

http://fredt300b.smugmug.com/gallery/132721#185516928

So many speakers, so little time.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 11:11:01 AM »

Fred,
How are you doing? darn, those look like a good deal too!! lol.  How are the Zigmas coming along, any luck? Thank you.
John
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 06:19:33 AM »

Fred,
How are you doing? darn, those look like a good deal too!! lol.  How are the Zigmas coming along, any luck? Thank you.
John

The Zigmahornets are back on track after a minor setback when the workshop AC chose the middle of the heat wave to die. The AC folks were very busy and it took two weeks to get in replaced, but I have coolth in the shop and will finish cutting out the panels this week. I'll definitely have them completed and broken in at the meeting. http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/zigmahornet/zigmahornet.html

BAP
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 03:57:11 PM »

Hi,

I'd be interested in attending the Sept. 9th meeting.  I've never been to one. 

My setup looks like this: Omega Bipole speakers, Red Wine Signature 30 intergrated amp, Burson Buffer, Bolder modified Squeezebox3, and Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer.  I'd be happy to bring whatever anyone is interested in hearing.

Is it a byob affair?  If not, I'd be happy to chip in.

Brett
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 08:48:41 PM »

The meetings are a very casual affair. It is the host's option to provide something or nothing. There is no mandate. So depending on the host it may range from water to home brew, from chips to brisket. Then there is always a lot of gear, a real mix of whatever the attendees want to bring. It's mainly to share the hobby, listen to music, show off a DIY project or compare new, old, store bought or DIY gear. You could call it eclectic.
BAP
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 02:05:26 PM »

Sounds good.  I look forward to meeting y'all.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 09:27:30 PM »

Hi Fred,
Sorry about the delay in my response, have been pretty busy with work and all lately. Sorry about your a/c, Texas, a workshop and no a/c= Angry   Looking very forward to seeing and hearing those Hornets! I'm pretty excited about the meet, I hope everyone has fun. Thanks for posting my review over on the Houston site, much appreciated Fred. Did you happen to notice that they forgot to put any contact information for me in the review??  Huh Oh well, I'm sure they'll correct it soon.

BAP,
Shoot yeah your invited and very welcome to come!! As for food and drinks, well I'll have some drinks, snacks and a teeny bit of spirits!! But of course anyone is welcome to bring extra if they like.

Man I sure wish I had my new speakers buy then but that probably isn't happening, oh well, I'll have em for the next one!!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!!

Sincerely,
John
FredT300B
Bottlehead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 06:41:11 PM »

Hi,
I'd be interested in attending the Sept. 9th meeting. Brett

Brett, it's Sept 29th. Hope you can make it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length