Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 04:51:24 AM
Main Page Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to our new Lone Star Bottleheads Forums.

+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
|-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Forums
| |-+  Lone Star Bottleheads Meetings
| | |-+  Austin meeting at my house in September?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Austin meeting at my house in September?  (Read 6615 times)
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« on: July 30, 2007, 05:16:13 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I would be willing and would like to host the next meeting here in Austin. I wouldn't be able to do this on either Sept 1st or 8th but the 22nd or 29th sounds good. I live in south Austin(right down the road from Josh) and I think I have the room to pull it off. I have a dedicated listening room downstairs that is aprox 13 x 21 x 8 but is short on treatment.  It is open to the rear and the left wall only runs about 1/3 the length of the room.  As for gear in this room I have a Cary SLP-98P preamp, Classe CA-300 amp, Rega P5 analog, Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 cdp. Speakers are Martin Logan Odysseys. Cables are by Kool Cables.

We can also use my theater which is upstairs. This room is 17 x 21 x 8 and does have some treatment(Real Traps). Equipment in the theater consists of a Sunfire Theater Grand III pre/pro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature amp(425 x 5 @ 8ohms), Martin Logan Aeon i's for mains, Martin Logan Theater i center channel, M.L. Script i's for surrounds an ACI Titan II LE for sub and also a Earthquake Super Nova sub.  Oh yeah, also havetwo  ButtKicker LFE's mounted to the chair platform or a little extra added effect.  Projector is a Benq 8700+ (I think, can't remember the model number) and the screen is a Vutec Silver Star.

Well if ya'll are interested let me know

Sincererly,
John
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 05:32:15 PM »

Hello John,

I am located in N. Austin.  Let me know if you need any help or any equipment you need brought.

Lee
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:06:04 PM »

Hi Lee,
Thank you for the kind offer, do you plan to attend?   Also, do you have a nice little listening room with some horn speakers in there?

John
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »

Yes I plan on attending and Yes I have a dedicated listening room with horn speakers.

Lee
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »

That's what I thought, I've met you Lee. I as brought up to your home by Chris L. It was Chris, myself and another friend named David, was a year or two ago. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you again!

John
gitarretyp
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »

I'm in austin and should be able to attend the meeting. I'd be happy to bring some gear to the meeting, if there's interest. My system is posted over on audiocircle.
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »

Nice speakers.  Are you using the Squeezebox DAC?
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 01:46:08 PM »

John I will be out of the state the weekend of the 15th. Would you be able to swing the 22 or 29th? If not, its not critical, as others will be able to make it. I just hate to miss two in a row after not missing any in years. Then again as Spock would say, the needs of the many out weight the needs of the one.  Smiley
gitarretyp
audio guy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 04:57:31 PM »

Nice speakers.  Are you using the Squeezebox DAC?

I had been using the modded analog outs until a few months ago, when i started trying some outboards DACs. I've been posting reviews of dacs as they come through my system here. I'm using a modded paradisea at the moment, but i'm not 100% happy with it. I'm looking to get a DAC-60 and mod it further than one i tried out.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 08:34:58 PM »

Hi Wardsweb,

Sure, so now we are looking at either the 22nd or 29th for a meet in Austin at me casa. If anyone has ever been interested in trying a little bit of absinthe I have the good and authentic stuff. Should be a good time but you have to leave all the gear here for me, can't take it home!! Grin
Audio_Builder
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 04:06:20 PM »

Gitarretyp -

I have a moded MSB Link III DAC with upsampling that I would be willing to bring over for a listen.
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2007, 03:50:22 PM »

Ok, my wife just notified me that I will be out town on the 22nd so looks like it's the 29th of September. Hope everyone can make it, looking forward to meeting some of you.

On another note, Fred just left my house a little while ago and I had to buy a set of speakers from him(he twisted my arm so hard it hurt I tell ya!!). They sure do sound nice.

John
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 06:55:51 PM »

Another one falls under Fred's spell and ends up with speakers.  I belong to that group too.  Grin
KCI-JohnP
audio enthusiast

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2007, 11:48:13 AM »

Yeah, he got me! Wink  Just couldn't pass them up for the price! Really nice guy too. I enjoyed his visit and he said my house would work just fine for the meet. You'll be here right Luther?
Wardsweb
Administrator
Bottlehead

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 08:52:07 PM »

Yeah, he got me! Wink  Just couldn't pass them up for the price! Really nice guy too. I enjoyed his visit and he said my house would work just fine for the meet. You'll be here right Luther?
I'll be there. I hope to have a new amp I'm building ready. Regardless, I'll have stuff to show.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length